I had a great day yesterday with the kids. We did alot of general cleaning, changing beds, etc. the kids were wonderful and helpful without complaint. Ben was a gem and treated everyone to lunch. We went to Kohl's shopping for a suit for him for the Prom. Colson was a spitfire as ususal, not realizing the dangers of stepping away from mom..........we ran into Dave and Casey too. He was shopping for clothes for a new job he is starting on Monday. Also ran into Penneys looking for some baby tennis shoes for Victoria. Nothing there. Now I am back to square one trying to find them. Jacquie had dance last night and it was parent observation. How fun! The girls were all excited as they got their costumes for the recital. Both are adorable and I will post when she is all put together it! Den took the two boys to karate. Whew it was a busy night. We finally were able to sit down and enjoy our weekly fix of "Survivor". Then off to bed for me. The baby is sleeping awesome, now if I could just get Colson and Jacquie to cooperate! I can't win for loosing. Colson woke up and crawled in our bed mid-night sometime, Jacquie came in about 1ish saying she just couldn't sleep could she get into Colson's bed, then when the baby woke up at 4 she came in saying she had a bad dream. Needlesstosay, she did not go to school today I let her sleep in. Dan informed me this morning that she was still awake at 10:30 when he went to bed. Such a night owl that girl is. So now I am dragging. Sent Bry out to get me a cappuccino but the gas station's water is out! We have no coffee flavoring so drinking black coffee is not an option.
Finally got the three kids bathed and dressed for the day and started the mountains of laundry I have neglected since yesterday. UGH! it sure can be depressing at times yet I am thankful I have a front loader and can cram a huge basketfull into it, so it makes the loads disappear a little quicker. My mom just called and they are coming in a couple of hours. Its been several weeks since we have seen them and I know they are anxious to see the baby again. Never a dull moment around this house thats for sure, seems like there isn't even a moment to relax either. So since grandparents are coming I had better get into the shower and make myself presentableable. Give the house a once over to make sure that there isn't anything that my mom can pick up with her "white" glove! PTL we did some extra cleaning yesterday! Maybe its a good thing they have "take your kids to work day" after all!!!!
1 comment:
Hmmm...when my parents come they bring everything but the kitchen sink. When they leave its like a tornado struck.
I didn't know my husband saw Dennis and Dave this week until I read his facebook. Not fair! The guys always get to do the visiting when the women are the chatty ones = )
Post a Comment