Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What a beautiful mid-November day
we had today! Sunny, with a nice breeze
and still lots of color left on the trees.
It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is
just next week. We had a small taste of
Thanksgiving fare today at Jacqueline's
school. The cafeteria always puts on a
nice dinner of Turkey, stuffing, mashed
potatoes/gravy, rolls and cookies. Several
of the classes decorate the cafeteria festive
and there is always a standing room only
turnout. I had wanted to take a few shots
of the kids eating their lunch but Victoria
was rather on the hungry side so as fast
as I could scoop it she ate it! The camera
was long forgotten in the diaper bag until
we reached home. I always have the kids
dress in "Sunday" clothes for the dinner, and
when we got home I was able to take a few
shots of Jacqueline and Victoria in front
of our Christmas Tree. I have been trying to
find matching dresses for them and came
pretty close with these two!

My two adorable "dolls"

It still seems funny say "girls". I love
it, however, and now I can say we have
both boys and girls!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lisa said...

You You don't know me...I am from Northern California and I found your blog through Crash-Candy. I have been enjoying your blog because I too am a christian mom, and reading your blogs are so inspiring and bless me as you talk about your family. Your love for the Lord and your family is so evident in the things you write. I have two boys 15 and 19 who are the joy in our lives and I love to hear about your 12 children. You are an amazing woman and I hope you don't mind me dropping in from time to time. May God continue to bless you.
Lisa

David and Casey said...

You most certainly are a blessing to us! We love you! And might i say that the "girls" are just adorable. I love those dresses. I can't wait for Sunday's in December!

amanda said...

Cute dresses, cuter girls!

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I know you are too modest to mention your own birthday on your blog. Hope your day is going well.

Someone once asked me if it is hard to have the "mother of all mothers" as a mother-in-law. Thankfully, my answer was "not really." I'm sorry to say that I take for granted the blessing I have in you as a mother-in-law too often. Today I didn't. Thank you!
Thank you for allowing me to learn how to parent the hard way and not criticizing my mistakes.
Thank you for raising your son to cherish his wife and family.
Thank you for not expecting me to be just like you (I would fail miserably.)
Thank you for doing your best in all of your many roles. Your son appreciates it, your grandsons appreciate it and I appreciate it!

You are the mother of 12, the wife of 1, grandma of 2, mother-in-law of 2, but most importantly, daughter of the King! God bless you today and in the year to come...

David and Casey said...

Amen to that Amanda! We love you!

12-arrows said...

WOW, Amanda, your words left me speechless and touched. I would never expect anyone to be like me, shoot I don't want to be like me most of the time! As far as "mother of all mothers" just who is that? I am only trying to do what God has called me to do, be a Godly wife and mom, I know many days I fail miserably but I am still pursueing, definitely a work in progress even at this old age. . . .I would never criticize, been on the receiving end of that way too many times, and we all have to figure out how to be a wife and a mom for our own unique situations, whether it be 1 child, 2 children, or more, each brings their own specialness to the family. I was touched by your words, they spoke volumes to my heart. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart with me. I will treasure them always as I will try and make sure each of you girls, are treasured in our family, not just as "in laws" but as real "daughters". Mom