A ROUTINE DENTAL VISIT. . . . .
The past few months the kids have been visiting the dentist. When it was Colson's turn we found that he needed to be referred to a pediatric dentist. Upon visiting her we were informed that he would need extensive dental surgery, 6 root canals with stainless steel fillings plus one minor filling with silver, thus taking us to Hurley Hospital for a 5-6 hour procedure. We were given a surgery date of January 25, 2008. I mentioned to the doctor that I just didn't think Colson could wait that long as he was experience very painful toothaches on a regular basis (Halloween was a bust for him as he was not or is not allowed to eat anything loaded with sugar until after surgery), and she said that she would place us on a cancelation list and we would be the first they would call. Two weeks into November we got a call on Friday that they would be able to perform Colsons surgery on Monday, unfortunately Colson's astham was kicked up so we were not able to plan it. Yesterday, while out shopping, I received a call from the nurse, again asking if it would be possible for Colson to have his surgery done on Wednesday, December 12th, as they again had another cancellation. This time his asthma is under control and he will be able to finally get his teeth taken care of. I have to take him to our peditrician today for a surgical physical then next Wednesday, at 11am he will undergo his dental surgery. I am very apprehensive, yet I know that this is the only way to fix all of his teeth. The dentist that will be doing all the work is very sweet, loving and best of all, a Christian. Other than getting tubes in my little ones ears from time to time, none of my kids have had to go under with anesthesia at this young age. We would really apprecaite your prayers for Colson as well as Dr. Eboda as she takes care of his teeth.
4 comments:
will mark the calendar and keep them both in our prayers as well as you and dad!
Our prayers will be with you all the way from Northern Calif.
I'll be praying for Cole (and you guys) these next few days.
Dennis and Cindy, I just read on Brad and Amanda's blog that Colson will be having surgery. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. If you need anything, let us know. Carl and Sandy Rosencrantz
Post a Comment