Daddy and his "little helper"
Ok, so when it rains it pours. . . . .a few days ago I put some dinner in our top oven and could not figure out why it was taking so long to bake. When I opened the oven after an hour to check I realized the heating coil had snapped in two. Thankfully I have a double oven so I turned the bottom oven on and placed our dinner in it. A few minutes later I heard Den call out to me that the oven was sparking. He opened the bottom oven door to find the heating element had also snapped in two. Now we have a double oven that has two broken heating elements and a stove with an oven that has a broken heating element too (all three ovens are down). Do you ever realize how often you use your oven? We use it several times aday. Today Den bought two new elements for the double ovens and we are ordering the one for the stove oven. Here are a few shots of him with his "little helper" putting in the new elements.
*by the way, look past the dirty oven. These are old and they are not self-cleaning. It requires lots of elbow grease from me to clean them and well it doesn't rank high on my priority list to clean them, at least not until now. Den mentioned that he was going to buy some oven cleaner and wondered if I had gloves to use. I guess he thinks it time to clean them, especially since he was up to his elbows in burnt offerings when he put the elements in. UGH! I wish they were the new improved souped up ovens with the awesome cleaning button and pull latch that you, "set it and forget it."
*one more thing, Victoria didn't think the burnt offerings were too awfully bad.......she got quite a bit of black on her hand, from touching the bottom of the oven, and proceeded to lick it off before I got a chance to wash it. You should have heard Jacqueline and Brennan laugh!!!!
3 comments:
Your ovens look a lot cleaner than mine!!! And we are in the pouring stage too this month. First our water heater, then our washing machine and last night our sad little camera. I'm afraid to think of what could be next!
I got tagged on my soap blog, so I'll tag you too = ) You can check it out there if you want...
AAAh, you found my blog. I just started it a couple of days ago. My sister in law is moving to Florida and is wanting everyone to buy web cams...not really my gig. I thought I would start a blog for her benefit. I was just getting ready to start putting out word that it was on there. Thanks for finding me! I can't believe how big your little one is! Hope that you see a break in the rain.
do you really think any of your readers would notice the dirty oven when Victoria is in the frame??? I didn't... She looks like she was having a good time!
hope they are working properly now!
Post a Comment