TWO MORE ARROWS are leaving the QUIVER
. . . .and its beginning to hurt a little, more like a giant ache in my heart.
Today Den is off to college with Benjamin for orientation. Ben applied back in the late fall and has been waiting to hear if he was accepted. He got the call on Wednesday night and was told to be at the University by 7:30am Friday for orientation, move in the dorms on Sunday and classes start on Monday. He is excited and apprehensive all in one. I know this is what he has hoped and prayed for yet it has all come down so suddenly too and I think he is a bit taken back because he just hasn't had time to think it all through, which could also be a blessing, you don't have a chance to get cold feet this way.
He's been making a mental list of all the "stuff" he needed to get before Sunday, then got a call from a friend that he could have all his "stuff" he didn't use when he was going to leave for college this fall. We will have to wait and see just what that is before we make a run to the area department stores.
Tuesday is his 19th birthday. WOW where did those years go? Truthfully its like a blink of an eye, and my boys are grown men. You know its enevitable, you try and prepare yourself for it, yet when it comes it hits like a ton of bricks.
Now on Monday, after we drop Ben off at college on Sunday, Branden leaves with David to begin a new job and a new adventure in his life. He is excited too, a little anxious and ready to tackle something new. I am so happy for him and glad for the time that he will get to spend with David, knowing that they will grow, mature and become even better brothers and friends. This job will take him out of town quite a bit so we will be like MOTEL 6 for Branden when he comes home, I would like to think we were more like the Marriott, but we just don't have many ammenties to offer, just love, hugs and chaos. . . . .
I am excited for them as I know they are pursueing their dreams and preparing for their future. It is as it should be, just hard to let them go. They know that we are here for them, we support them and that they are deeply loved and will always have a home here........
Victoria will soon be one and with that comes lots of new experiences with her, walking, talking, understanding more and hopefully sleeping better!!!!! It seems like just yesterday I was in labor for her and wow, a whole year has passed. What a gift she was from God just when our family needed to see His hand and so blessed we are to have her in our lives.
I mentioned earlier about our new puppy, which brings even more chaos into our home, yet he is so loved by everyone and so adorable. I guess I even have to admit I just love the little guy. There were a few days when Den thought he might have to go back to his original owners due to a possible birth flaw, but all seems to be fine now, and I am so glad. I just don't think I could part with him, he is just so darn cute! (and if you know me I am just NO ANIMAL lover)
I am going to be starting another Beth Moore Bible Study soon, I just love those and am always challenged by her wisdom and insight with Gods word. I am also going to be team teaching a study with Elizabeth (Daniels fiance). We will be working with the Senior/Junior High Girls at church. I am excited about this as well, not only to work with young girls but to co-labor with my future-daughter-in-law and allow her to gain some perspective for youth as she will soon be working along side of our son in his youth ministry out west. I guess studying seems to be my theme for this year as I just remembered that I am also going to take some classes at an area university. Am I crazy? maybe......but I feel like I have been stagnat for way too long and decided I needed to work my brain, gain some knowledge and take a few giant leaps with God.
I am excited for Den as he has been pursueing a dream of his by writing. He gave me the second chapter to a book, he is writing for me, for Christmas. As always it was beautiful, touching and so full of his love for me. I recently read a short story he has written with one of our boys in mind and it was adorable. He read it to Colson one night, when he was tucking him in for bed, and Colson just loved it. I pray that God continues to give him the thoughts and the time to put these great stories on paper and hopefully soon he will get a few published. He is a man of many gifts and I would love nothing more than to see him use them in a way that will excite and encourage him and also honor God.
As I mentioned in my previous post we have a few hurdles to jump in the next few days, I am trying not to be anxious over it, but trying to lay it continually at the feet of Christ. He knows the outcome and we have to trust Him and walk the journey. Thank you for being willing to uplift us in your prayers. We want to make sure we are doing all we possibly can to conquer this honoring Christ. Thank you to several individuals who have been so gracious to walk along with us, encourage us, and share their knowledge and expertise with us. We are blessed to have educated people in our corner.
May God give you wisdom, insight and encouragment as you begin your New Year and may you find where He wants you to serve and do so with all you have. . . . . . .
3 comments:
Life flashes before your eyes all the time! You have made me think of all those times that i wish time would fly by. But now i sit here and wish i would never have said those words! Savoring each moment like its your last is really the ideal. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart! We'll be praying for everyone and their individual journies. Love ya!
wow, so many changes...no wonder you are feeling such waves of emotion. I am thinking of you and praying that you will feel real peace about the changes and the hurdles.
((HUGS))
WOW!!! I feel a little out-of-the-loop. At least I knew the puppy wasn't blue-eyed...
BIG CHANGES seems like an understatement! But very, very VERY exciting times as well. I'll never forget the look on my dad's face when he "left" me at college for the first time. It doesn't matter how close or far, out of the house is life-changing.
Praying that each journey is full of blessing and lessons. Very cool that you and Elizabeth are doing a study together, what a great pairing. I'm sure those girls will be blessed...as will you two!
What classes are you taking?
Ok, there were probably like ten other things to comment on, so maybe we'll just have to chat via phone about all of this...
amanda
Post a Comment