no big news to speak of. . . . .
Another end to a great summer week. The humidity finally cleared around here and we have had some great sleeping weather. I love having the windows open with a nice breeze blowing in. It won't be long and we will have to close up the house for winter! UGH! Our Suburban has been in the "fix-it" shop all week and I am so anxious to get it back. It will be such a blessing to have air again, plus alot of minor problems are getting fixed as well. Den has done an amazing job of locating parts for our friend to use. He was even able to locate an almost new bumper for the back too! (on the eve of Thanksgiving Brett was rear-ended and the bumper got squished) I am so excited to finally have a normal one back on. I must say, inspite of the horrendous gas prices, I do enjoy driving the suburban, however, I have thoroughly loved driving our church van all week. I love sitting high and ruling the road!!! But gosh, it seems like every time I go out it needs gas. Today I was coming down our street and ran out of gas. I was so thankful I could coast into the driveway, and was even more thankful that it was here and not far away. WHEW that was a close one. $10 doesn't go too far in a "gas hog".
We are headed out to the campground tonight for some good country dancin!. We all love to go and this will be the first we have been able to get there all summer. We have such fun and the kids enjoy tooling around in the golf karts too!
I am in the countdown phase of school and am so excited to see it come to an end. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed my Pilates class and have meet some great people through it. Of course, I am the oldest student! There are two other moms taking it along with me and I have become fast friends with one, a mom of 4, who is in her last year of college. We have good laughs over our baby bellies! I hoping to take this class again in the fall, at least I am registered, just trying to find someone to watch Victoria for 2 hours, 2 days a week.
Brett and Blake start their fall workouts on Monday. Brett is playing soccer and Blake tennis. Brennan is going to run cross-country but that won't start until the first week of school. Its definitely going to be an amazing schedule to try and keep and I know Den and I will have to part ways for some of the games.
This morning we had our monthly ladies breakfast at church. Its always such a pleasure to spend time with other women, we have great laughs, and a great time of sharing and prayer. What a gift!
Tomorrow we have our summer church picnic late in the afternoon. We have such a fun time, great food, great fellowship and lots of fun games for everyone to enjoy. We are so thankful for this church and the love and encouragment they continue to show not only to us but to anyone. They love to serve others; isn't that what we are supposed to do? sometimes we get caught up in "us" and our own issues and forget that its when we serve we are served!
Enjoy your weekend. . . . . .they go way too fast!
1 comment:
thanks for the update... so much going on! Enjoy your weekend
Post a Comment