Schools out for summer. . .
Exams are over! HIP HIP HOORAH! Whew. . . .I did it and it
feels so good to be done, its actually a huge relief! My younger kids have
been counting the days. . . .which made me a bit sad that I spent so much time
with classes this summer. I am not going to take summer classes again.
They squeeze 3 1/2 months of work into 7 weeks and you almost go crazy
trying to get it all done. It has been fun, however, and I've really enjoyed
getting out and meeting new people, even people my kids ages. For so
long I have felt somewhat like a "recluse" and have truly had to push
myself to take this step, it was a bit scarry, even intimidating, yet I've
actually taken pleasure in "cracking the books" once again.
We have two weeks until school begins for the kids. I cannot
believe how fast the summer has gone. We did get a taste of
fall for a few days with much cooler temperatures, but today
was absolutely beautiful; 87 degrees, almost clear blue skies
and a bit of a breeze. The kids were in and out of the pool all
day, playing until they got warm, swimming, then back
on the tramp or just running around. I enjoy listening to
their giggles and their chatter. They sure were tired tonight
when I tucked them into bed, Colson could hardly keep his eyes
open during prayer. I think he was asleep before I shut off
his light.
We hope to take a trek to the lake later this week for a day
of sun and sand. Colson loves the lake and Victoria has
never been so it should be exciting to see if she enjoys it.
We did get our suburban back Friday night only to take
it back to our friend the next morning. Still a few repairs
yet to be fixed and from the sounds of it we should be
getting it back tomorrow night. I can hardly wait, how
crazy, huh? Its just been so long dealing with things
not working that it will be like we are getting a new
vehicle. I am so EXCITED!
Bryan and Branden came home from Colorado
yesterday. It's so good to have them home, the
kids really missed them. They had a great time
and took some awesome pictures, but with that
scenery how can you get a bad one? Bry
will hear back from the CSP in October and
will make the trek out again, in November, for
a physical and then will more than likely start
the academy in January! How exciting for him
and what an adventure. Kids today have so many
more opportunities than Den or I had and we
are excited and thrilled for Bryan.
We continue to seek God for direction in our lives,
we will be making some major changes soon, I am
excited but a bit apprehensive too. Change is good,
it keeps you from being stagnent, yet it can be
a little scarry especially for my little ones. Den and I,
once again, had a great time of prayer together
yesterday at a local park. I am so thankful for this
man, the way he loves us and takes care of us,
and for continually seeking God. I also love the
fact that when we pray I can be "real" and he
doesn't judge me or correct me! He just
encourages! What a great husband! I still
can't believe we have been together for 30 years!
4 comments:
Congratulations on the 30 years! It is awesome! I am proud of you both leaning on the Lord the way that you do. I continue to lift you up in prayer to make the decisions you need to make and for the encouragement that you need to get through your days. Have a great time at the lake!
Congrats on finishing your summer classes! I applaud you for "stepping out on a limb" and doing it, even though you felt apprehensive about it. Sometimes the best stuff we do is stuff that we once were scared to try!
I am going to be signing up for MOPS as soon as they get my registration to me in the mail. I'm looking forward to getting out and meeting some new people! Thanks for the link.
Here summer is nearly gone, and we've only seen each other a couple of brief times - I can't believe how time has flown. We've been super busy with football the last few weeks, and have barely done anything else!
Hopefully we can spend some time together soon, I would love to hear what's new!
congrats on finishing your classes, that must be such a huge blessing to have accomplished in many ways!
praying for you guys as the changes come along...
and yeah for Bry, man its a long process though! wow!
It was great talking with you and catching up! I'm glad that you have this week off of school and I know that it will be awesome for you! I admire how you and Dad pray together! What an example of humbling yourselves before God! Daniel and I need to do that more often! We will be praying about all the new changes with you guys! Yet we always know God has the decision already made! How relieving...yet while waiting for His answer can be nerve wrecking and frustrating at time.Love hearing about what everyone is up to! Thanks for all the thoughts and updates.
Post a Comment