Saturday, September 06, 2008

Today dawned beautiful, sunny and a 72! Den left for the office to do some work and I decided it would be a perfect morning to tear down our swimming pool. Of course I enlisted our boys to help with the work, much to their dismay!! We started on the frame around the pool. Blake decided to take an ax to it while Brennan and I shoveled rock. After many hits to the wood with an ax I said to Blake text Scottie and have him bring over the chainsaw. Brett came out and wanted to take his hand at the ax. David called in the midst of everything and I asked to borrow his chainsaw and some straps. Of course he wanted to know why and laughed when I told him. We got off the phone and I no sooner went back to shoveling when he called again laughing! He had talked to his dad and told him I was tearing down the pool and was gonna use a chainsaw and hook the pool to the trailer hitch with straps and tear it down. OH MY GOSH! He then told me that his dad said that he needed to get off the phone now and get home! I bet Den thought we were gonna be rednecks and tear down the pool with the suburban. Actually he was pretty much right. I wanted in the worst way to do that and see the pool totally collapse and GUSH! You know haven't you seen it on "Funny Home Videos". It always looks like so much fun!. We let Jacqueline and Colson swim one last time and the the real tear-down began. It was a process, with hornets nests, spiders and webs (I sure thought of you, Amanda) and lots of creepy crawly bugs. Colson delighted to find a huge earth worm, and wanted me to pick it up. NOPE not gonna do that I loathe worms. Victoria just wandered around watching everything play out and calling for the dog, "Tega". She was so cute she is really starting to formulate alot more words even a few 2-syllable words. We all have huge blisters on our hands from shoveling and ax wielding.
It was fun taking an ax to the lower side of the pool and watch all the water pour out. I so wanted to really make a huge hole but Den wouldn't let me. Bummer! It was fun hitting it though, I think I might like to try my hand at chopping some wood sometime. I'm crazy I know, but I LOVE extreme hard work. Feels so good! Anyways the pool is almost completely drained and then we have to roll up the frame, etc. It sure will seem weird not to have that in our yard. The end of an era of pool fun!

2 comments:

Life is Good said...

I couldn't help but laugh at the process of tearing it down! I can only imagine! I would have loved to be there for that demolition! You are so funny at how passionate about the whole thing! I can tell you are ready to get it out of the way!

amanda said...

ewww... you know me and the spiders!

what a fun way to tear down a pool! I love that you got everyone in on it too!