Thankful Thanksgiving. . . .
What a blessed week we've had around here. Fun times with family and lots of laughter too! We just love having the kids around and they can be so entertaining and hilarious. I haven't laughed so much in so long. Dan even commented that he hasn't seen Elizabeth laugh like this in months! It was so good for all of us. Scottie has spent the entire week here, too, sleeping wherever he could find a place to lay his head, and we were given a queen size mattress set so Dan and Elizabeth had a place to sleep as well. It seems like there is so much planning and anticipating and in, almost a blink of an eye, its over. We were all heartbroken to see Dan and Elizabeth leave this afternoon, but know that in just a few weeks we will share Christmas together.
After dinner on Thanksgiving night (we eat late) we sat around the table chatting and then decided to have each one share something they were thankful for. What a gift these kids are to their dad and I. After all had shared, there wasn't a dry eye in the house, many tender cherished moments were etched away in our memories forever.
2 comments:
what a fun time. I know the visits go so fast, but they are cherished forever! Glad they will be back again soon, that makes the good-byes just a teensy bit easier...
What a sweet time you shared together. Warmed my heart in a big way. I know what you mean about all those preparations then the time together goes so quickly. We cried as our son left to go back to SC on Saturday, but soon, he'll be back for Christmas! Can't wait.
I can't believe that snow! Wow. I always love reading what you and yours have been up to. Always a blessing!
Take care,
Tracy
Post a Comment