Wednesday, January 07, 2009

the first 2009 Colson-ism. . . .
as many of you know our two older boys left for Colorado yesterday, late afternoon. It's been rough, heartbreaking, and painful. We all went through bouts of tears throughout the evening. This morning as the kids were getting ready to catch the bus Colson wanted to call Branden. He likes to check in and see where they are (like he has any clue, but he thinks he does) when he got off the phone Branden wanted to talk to Jacqueline. As soon as she got on the phone she began crying, I didn't see it but I could hear it. Colson walked into the kitchen and said, "Jacqueline is crying. . . .I am so over it! I don't have to cry any more. . . I just want to talk to them and know they are ok. " I told him that boys are different from girls and that Jacqueline probably would like not to cry but thats how she lets them know she misses them. He said, "well I don't have to cry anymore!"

Gosh if only it were that easy to just "shut the tears off"! If only I could just tell myself that and it would be ok, but unfortunately it isn't and I, like my sweet girl, let the tears fall quite frequently.

6 comments:

amanda said...

that is so cute. Its interesting to watch how kids respond so differently... even with two boys, they way they deal with their daddy leaving is totally different from one another.

hopefully the sadness will soon turn to joyful anticipation for the good things God has in store for the guys out there!

TexasGrandma said...

Cindy, you ask on my blog if it ever gets easier to let them go! The answer is NO. Kris has been in NJ for 10 years and not a day goes by that I don't wish she was here!
My first to leave home was Trice. She went to Italy!!! And then had our first grandbabies! So hard! I never got to hold my first at birth. It was so sad! Thankfully I was there for all 3 of Kris'. I think the worst for you is 2 at a time. Just know they are on a great adventure and will be better for it. You have done a great job in preparing them and they are both going to behaving an adventure of a life time! Lots of hugs and remember, tears wash away the heart ache. so cry any time you need to.

Kristi said...

My heart aches for you too. Your slide show is precious...those sad goodbyes...oh my goodness make me cry. Praying the Lord's comfort for you and your family.

Julie said...

I'd be crying a lot, too...at least Bry and Scottie have each other out there!

Hope to see you tomorrow at MOPS!

Tracy said...

Oh if only! Ah, the glorious differences between boys and girls. Can't imagine. I'll view the slide show tonight at home (I'm at work right now.) Hang in there, Momma. Praying for you. My son leaves on Saturday morning and I anticipate my hubby and I will do our share of crying.

I'm so happy you're taking the crafy pay-it-forward challenge! If your skills are -1, we're a good match! ; ) Please e-mail me at "tracyklensch@fuse.net" with your mailing address.

Heidi said...

Ha! Such a boy thing. And they don't seem to grow out of it either =)