A Sunday of Worship and Praise
I haven't had much of a chance to sit and pen my thoughts for a new blog post. I have alot running around in my head, much to process yet, and just wanted to take a minute to touch base, since it has been several days since I last posted. Our Sunday morning worship was spectacular. Of course the music is always top-notch because our worship Pastor, Kevin, is amazing; and our sermon topic for the month has been "do the unthinkable. . . . .get real. . . .get honest. . .trust and invest. . . .dream. . . .forgive". Our pastor chose to speak on the "get honest" topic Sunday. I knew from the moment he began to share that the sermon was meant for me. It totally shook me to the core, sent my emotions reeling, my heart quickened, my pulse raced and my world rocked. Isn't it hard to be totally honest? especially with God. As Christians we are supposed to have it "all together". Our trust for Him and His plan should come naturally, our fear should dissipate, etc. yet if we are truly deep-down honest with ourselves we really aren't as full of Him as we should be. We tend to hold onto things, in our lives, sometimes because we feel we are justified to do so, sometimes its our fear that won't let us "let go" and sometimes it out of just being selfish because "we want it". I was all of those things. I had to admit my anger to Him, because deep down in my heart there was alot harbored there, some aimed at Him, at others, at our circumstances, the list could go on. I knew that I won't ever be able to step ahead until I quite stepping deeper, in my own wants and ways. Its awfully hard to give up control, yet honestly, I've never had it, have I? I've maybe thought I did, but in reality God still was the controller, and when thinks went wrong, who did I blame, not me, of course, but Him. I, still have yet, to work through sections of my heart that I closed off to Him, but am pushing through it, because I want to be free, no matter what the circumstances, to find His peace and His joy. To walk the path that is before me with grace, dignity and honor to Him.
I would love for you to take a listen to "getting real". (I am not adept at posting a link, and sometime I am going to have someone show me how to do it) Take a few moments and listen to a friend share, our pastor share and another share about "getting honest with God". I know you won't be disappointed and maybe, like me, you might find yourself "letting go!"
Oh and if you do listen, leave me a comment or two about your thoughts and if God spoke to your heart too!
Westside-church.com click on sermons 3-15-09
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing your story and feelings mom. I haven't watched it yet, but am going to right now. I'll let you know how it was!
I’m listening to Ed’s sermon and the hour at Westside here are my responses:
To Becca’s part: Our relationship with God is; a love-fear relationship, a love-bargain relationship, a love-frustration relationship, a love-I want it my way relationship, a love-tantrum relationship, a love-pain relationship, a love-resigned relationship, a love-give in relationship, but it is love, and He loves us. I’m angry I missed my wives response to the spirit of God. I feel cheated it’s not fair.
To Ed’s words: What clarity! The Spirit is at work today! I wish I had been there! Ed really knows how to anticipate peoples thinking, I wish I were better at that. He’s anticipating mine. I wonder what Spirit of fear he’s wrestling with is? God is huge, the Psalms is so cool, a great model for prayer. God is in control I see it more clearly everyday especially in my response with no answers so I take my family to Him in prayer. I’m overwhelmed with my need to live in this truth and how hard it is personally. Louie really nailed it! That is so encouraging and cool! So much to deal with, so much to know ….indeed it doesn’t automatically get resolved. I wish some things would. What is the reality of my heart toward God?
I’m really angry I missed my wives response to the spirit of God. They quit taping and now I really feel cheated! It’s so not fair!
I’m thankful for Westside, Ed, Kevin and all the people! I wonder if God will ever show me what’s next? I’m glad he loves me. An amazing service and obviously constructed by God! Thanks for Loving a totally marred mess like me God!
thanks for sharing the link.
I appreciate the reminder of the greatness of God, of how He holds us in His hands. Throughout this deployment, God has repeatedly soothed my tears with the image of Brad and I both held tightly in His Mighty hands.
I hope to get to listen in soon! I am so glad God is communicating with you and that you are listening. He alone can guide us thru all we are dealing with.
Post a Comment