Its been a busy time around here lately. Brett is graduating on Sunday and his open house is Saturday. I've been busy buying and browning hamburger, Nachos is on the menu. I finally finished the last of it yesterday. WHEW what a job. Sunday I spent the afternoon picking up odds and ends and have one more Kroger's run to finish off everything. We are having his open house at church so Brett and I dropped off all the "stuff" on Sunday afternoon, now its just sit and wait until Thursday when we can set-up and organize. Since this is our 7th graduate I have learned that simple is best. No elaborate decorations! No huge menu and it works great, less stress, less clean-up and less costly.
We are giddy with excitement, not only for Brett and his accomplishments, but Daniel and Elizabeth fly home Friday morning, Friday night Bryan flys in and this week Dave and Casey move in with us for two weeks (they are heading to NC as she took a teaching job there and needed a place to stay until the BIG MOVE). FUN FUN FUN there will be 15 of us under one room and for, the first time in months, I am thankful we have a large home to house us all. We are getting family pictures taken too this weekend. If Bryan is able to fly in early we will do them Friday evening, otherwise they are scheduled for Saturday after the open house.
There is so much to blog, lots rolling around in my head, lots to share, and unfortunately it will have to wait for another time, but for now this is it!
5 comments:
Sure wish we could be there to meet your wonderful family! We do not arrive up north until the 5th. We are so looking forward to spending time with family!
Sounds like you have a great weekend planned!
How cool for Dave & Casey, I didn't know they were moving. I'm sure you will love having them "home" for a few weeks.
Have a wonderful week!
You are so busy. I often wonder how you do it? I bet you are thrilled to have all the family around again.
fun times!
how exciting for Dave & Casey!
I am sure you will enjoy every minute!
Nachos...what a great idea! I'm gonna remember that one...
Post a Comment