Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're Home! what a whirlwind vacation we had! So much fun with friends and family too. We ended up heading south to Oklahoma Saturday arriving late but excited to see our son and his family. We hadn't seen the boys since Daniel and Elizabeth's wedding and they surprised us all by giving big huge hugs! Of course it was wonderful to see Brad (Thanksgiving would have been 3 years since we last saw him) and Amanda! We stayed up into the wee hours of the morning visiting, and the kids played! we awoke early so as not to miss any time with them. The kids ate their breakfast outside in the beautiful "warm" Oklahoma weather then we all walked to the park. Honestly I think we all had fun at the park chatting, playing and just enjoying each others company. Brad and Amanda made an awesome lunch then the kids headed outside to play in the sprinkler, the pool and the slip-n-slide! It was so cute to watch them all play together! The man-boys had fun too! It was just enjoyable to watch everyone, hearing the sounds of laughter and chattering from all over the house. All too soon our visit ended. I so wanted to stay one more day but Bryan's days home are very limited so we headed out about 8pm on Sunday, traveling straight-through to good old Michigan. Den and Bryan did 95% of the driving leaving the last stretch of the drive to Branden and I. We both did the happy dance once we crossed over into Michigan from Indiana! then it was onto who was going to beat the other home! I thought I'd won but got hung-up at a light behind a slow-poke and Branden wizzed by me and beat us home! PTL our trip was "trouble-free" and was such fun. These kids are a blast to travel with, hang with, and have fun with! Now. . . .its onto finishing up the laundry (16 loads). Casey couldn't believe how much laundry was in the dungeon, it totally shocked her. Thankfully, as of this morning, I only have 3 loads! Its been a group effort here trying to get it all done.

This weekend we will see off Dave and Casey. I am so thankful we've had this time with them here. It will be another emotional roller-coaster ride when they pack up the UHAUL and head to North Carolina. We've got to find ourselves a good-paying job so we can visit our kids all over the country, we are in NC, OK, ND, CO! Its so hard to let them go, yet I know they are going where God has directed them and I wouldn't want it any other way!!

2 comments:

amanda said...

we were so thrilled you were able to come our way for a bit! Yesterday, Wilson was talking about how TALL Uncle Colson is! It was so cute.

Praying for you all as you enjoy this time with Dave & Casey. ♥

Vanessa said...

ya know...

northwest arkansas is right in the middle of all of those.

And the economy here is better than most. The schools are good. The weather is awesome.

And there's a church that could use your help.

What kinda job would suit you? I'll start looking!