"summer"saulting into fall
Good morning. It's so hard to believe that the summer is quickly drawing to a close. We are already experiencing fall-like weather and its a rather nice change. I love having the windows open, hearing the sounds of the outdoors and enjoy a breeze catching the curtains sending them billowing softly; its perfect weather for hanging clothes and sheets on the line, which I LOVE!
We haven't started school yet, thankfully. Our children don't return until September 8th and honestly none of us are anxious for the crazy schedule and the hours spent away from home. The younger two kids received their teacher assignments yesterday, (we are rejoicing over the choices the administration made for each of them) as well as their "supply" list. It's amazing the amount of "stuff" they need to begin the school year, not just in new clothing/shoes but supplies. Already my two kids have been scouring the Sunday ads looking for the best deals! gotta love 'em for that! I guess some of "me" has worn off on them that way.
It's surprising how much the kids grow over the summer and how little you notice it until you drag out their jeans from the previous year. I can't help but laugh when I see them on their bodies, too short, too tight and unable to zip! and then I'm saddened, too, that my babies are growing, as well they should!
Along with fall brings another son leaving for college, again the roller coaster ride of emotions! I'm so excited and thrilled for him yet he leaves behind a huge hole in our family. Thankfully he will only be but a few hours away (no long drives to PA, no 12 hours of crying through PA/NY/Canada either), but I know this mom will still shed tears!!! We will move him in on Labor Day. Last weekend we cleaned out his bedroom, his closets, everything, got all of his clothing organized, some things packed-up and made a "to buy" list for college (I LOVE lists), and yesterday he was able to purchase a laptop (with his graduation $$)! We are sure gonna miss our "Geek squad", "Nerd Herd" son! He has an amazing gift with technology!
So.......we begin the final countdown to school, to craziness, to chaos, to running the roads, to homework, to weariness, to "I'm so gonna miss these kids, and my day is going to be so l-o-n-g, and the house so eerily quiet........................."
1 comment:
The schedule is nice to have, with school in session, but I do love to have the kids home!
I know kids are supposed to grow, but I sure wish I could turn back time occasionally and take the time to snuggle those precious little toddlers!
Post a Comment