Tuesday, January 19, 2010

only God. . .

as I sat in Bible Study today, with my book in front of me, I glanced over the name, "Living Beyond Yourself" without even realizing just what the study was about. A few minutes later our leader begins talking about the "fruits of the spirit" and I look down and the phrase under the study name says "exploring the fruits of the spirit". How shocked I was, even taken back as I had wanted, longed for, a study on this very topic. Only God . . . .I leaned over and said to my friend, Veda, "this is just too cool, I've been wanting to do this study for so long!" Isn't it just like God to answer us even when we really don't ask Him? I'm excited and a bit nervous (especially after watching the video) as to what God will help me get "beyond myself" in. Oh I know there's a huge list that needs tackling and I'm praying that whatever He chooses my heart will be open, eager and ready for the purging.

4 comments:

amanda said...

so glad you were able to get to this Bible study! I am sure it will be a wonderful journey with Him.

Journey Ministry said...

I'm glad you saw his hand today....hopefully you will be able to see how he put the rest of your day, week, ...year together, with heartfelt confidence in He and His Love.

Jamie said...

God is so good, isn't He? I do hope you will keep us posted on your progress.

Sarah M. said...

That is such an excellent study! I am wanting to go thru it again!