I had such fun last night watching my kids watch the superbowl! Its the first time Jacqueline and Colson have gotten into the excitement and actually watched the entire superbowl from beginning to end. Of course we were cheering for the Saints, and Drew Brees (gotta love a quarterback who loves His Lord), though I am a Hoosier, by birth, we are not big fans of the Manning boy, so our loyalties went to the Saints.
Colson and I ran out to get pizza (I splurged and bought the cinnamon bread too) and got home just in time to sit down with our dinner and watch the opening coin toss and tip-off. I love how my kids will follow who we choose, and thankfully pretty much all the man-boys, in our family, were rooting for the Saints. Victoria even got in on the fun and cheered her little heart out. There's just something so invigorating about watching your kids enjoy themselves, laugh and yell at the TV! Love it!
As the commerical's played one by one we were touched by the pro-life message of Focus on the Family and the Tebow family. Way to go FOTF for making a top-notch commercial without it being in your face!
This morning the kids are still talking about last night and replaying some of the commercials. Victoria loves the one with the little boy saying, "don't touch my mama, don't touch my doritos" as she keeps repeating it over and over! So cute!
Thankfully the kids were easy to get-up for school, Jacqueline could have slept in a bit, but the deal was, we let them stay-up and they have to get-up without being touchy. Everyone is off to school, Den is subbing today and people the sun is shinning!
I'm off to enjoy some time with my little cutie, and get some morning snuggles! Enjoy your week, we're supposed (I use that term very loosely) to get a winter storm tomorrow night (praying that it actually happens and we get a snow day Wednesday); the kids have a short week with our mid-winter break this next weekend, no school Friday or Monday! WOO HOO for breaks and kids and home and life!
3 comments:
EEEWWW! We're supposed to get snow? YUCKY. Although I wouldn't mind a snow day and extra long weekend. HA!
Ande and I didn't watch the Superbowl, but we did watch the commercials on YouTube last night. LOVED the little boy with the Doritos one as well. SO funny.
I also liked the Betty White one. She's a good sport!
Oh yeah, and what was the big deal about the Tebow commercial anyway? Unless they changed it from the time it was announced it would be shown, I can't see why on earth the Pro-Abortion people would be so against it. It was very well done and didn't even mention abortion.
glad you had a fun night. it sure turned out to be a good game too!
the boys laughed so hard at that doritos commercial with the little boy, and the bark collar one too...
Post a Comment