God has indeed blessed me with a precious friend, one that laughs with you, cries with you and loves you "no matter what". I've known her for 12 years yet never really knew her until the past two years and what a gift she is to me. Today my friend treated me to a "spa day". Though it wasn't the ritzy kind of spa day a person would spend hundreds of dollars on, it was "glorious"; 6 blissful hours of pampering; soothing foot bath, parafin wax on my hands, massage, manicure, breakfast and lunch, coffee coffee and more coffee and hours of wonderful fellowship with my friend as well as many other women. It was heavenly! yet I did miss my family and from time to time I checked my cell to see if I had any texts (you know "just in case"). The message that grabbed my heart was this one from Den, "Tori just got up from her nap, she says when is mommy coming home shes been gone for like FOREVER!" then I listen to my messages and Tori says, "come home momma". I guess my girl missed me! I rarely spend a day away from her and in all of her 3 years have only spent one night away, which can be a good thing or a bad thing; yet I know that in a few short years she will be off on her own adventures, so for now I'm loving it and am enjoying all her hugs and snuggles! and oh I can't forget to praise my sweet husband for holding down the fort, keeping things rolling and fixing dinner! What a man, I'm so blessed!!!!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
ahh. . . . .spa day
God has indeed blessed me with a precious friend, one that laughs with you, cries with you and loves you "no matter what". I've known her for 12 years yet never really knew her until the past two years and what a gift she is to me. Today my friend treated me to a "spa day". Though it wasn't the ritzy kind of spa day a person would spend hundreds of dollars on, it was "glorious"; 6 blissful hours of pampering; soothing foot bath, parafin wax on my hands, massage, manicure, breakfast and lunch, coffee coffee and more coffee and hours of wonderful fellowship with my friend as well as many other women. It was heavenly! yet I did miss my family and from time to time I checked my cell to see if I had any texts (you know "just in case"). The message that grabbed my heart was this one from Den, "Tori just got up from her nap, she says when is mommy coming home shes been gone for like FOREVER!" then I listen to my messages and Tori says, "come home momma". I guess my girl missed me! I rarely spend a day away from her and in all of her 3 years have only spent one night away, which can be a good thing or a bad thing; yet I know that in a few short years she will be off on her own adventures, so for now I'm loving it and am enjoying all her hugs and snuggles! and oh I can't forget to praise my sweet husband for holding down the fort, keeping things rolling and fixing dinner! What a man, I'm so blessed!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a fantastic day! And even though sometimes the day to day stuff can seem almost like drudgery, it's nice to know we're missed when we're not home, isn't it??
Post a Comment