Thursday, March 11, 2010

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in mid-Michigan! windows were open, the sun was shining brightly, the birds were even chirping and the snow is 95% G-O-N-E! As soon as the kids got home from school we went for a walk on the river trail. We had such fun, the kids were like chatter-boxes! on our way home we stopped and got the kids slurpies, their favorite treat after a long walk!.

I did something I try not to do this time of year; and that is put all our winter gear away! I know, I know we live in the north and we will, more than likely, have another blast of winter, but the past 10 days have been "out of this world" awesome for us Michiganders that I just couldn't help myself. Everything is washed and put in their perspective bins! and the spring fleeces are hung on their perspective hooks! even though we are still knee-deep in mud we are loving this weather!

Isn't it just so cool how God prepares us for the change of seasons? how excited we get as each one approaches? Isn't He just awesome like that?

2 comments:

Julie said...

You're so organized!!

I've been loving the weather too - such a nice change of pace. Can't wait until it gets warm for "real".

I especially love the way God designed it so that each season has it's own individual thing that's pretty and wonderful - fall, awesome leaves and cooler weather, winter, pretty snow, spring, lovely flowers and budding trees, summer, blue skies and green grass...LOVE IT!

amanda said...

glad you had such a fantastic day!

I love Spring, its my favorite... and fall. I must say, I don't get excited for winter. But I guess I wouldn't look forward to spring as much if winter didn't come first!