Sunday, March 21, 2010

perspective!

My kids and I just got home from our, once-a-month, Sunday service at an inner-city school (Den wasn't able to go with us as he took Brett back to SAU). I am so thankful that I chose to go; you know how you can justify why it would be better to stay home as there's always a 100 things that need to be accomplished before Monday morning, yet I felt that God wanted us to go, stepping away from the "stuff" here. The younger kids were tired and a bit restless yet they sat and were fairly quiet, playing peek-a-boo with a little guy from the neighborhood. At the close of the service our pastor tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I'd be willing to pray with a lady, sharing with me a snippet of her story. We stepped aside, she hugged me, leaned into me, we grabbed hands and prayed. When I said, "amen", she hugged me again and said, "I don't know what I'd do if your church didn't come here once a month." In that short, maybe 5 minutes, time with her I was hit with how often we take for granted our worship time, the opportunity to sing and fellowship with friends and family and hear truth spoken from God's word. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if I wasn't able to attend church regularly; no ability to drive myself, no churches in my area, no one who even really cares about the area or the need. I got a good does of perspective tonight, one that won't be forgotten all too quickly and made a new friend, Mavis, that God placed directly in my path. I've been praying, too, that God would give me opportunities to share Him. Tonight was a golden one!

1 comment:

amanda said...

praise God! thanks for sharing your God-moment!