Its still raining, if it doesn't stop our house is literally going to float away. We live in a very low area so we have lots of standing water, running water. The upside of all the rain is everything is finally green, the trees are budding, the Hosta's are up (a good 8 inches) and my beautiful little "Lily of the Valley's" are almost budding! Have you ever smelled those delicate little flowers? Oh! they smell so good. Jacqueline and I check everyday to see if they've bloomed; we are anxious for a bouquet to put in a vase!
While at my in-laws on Tuesday, my mother in-law gave Jacqueline a cut-glass lead crystal vase. Its beautiful! She loves it! and is very anxious to put some "Lily of the Valley" into it!
I'm heading outside to peak and see if they are blooming! if not today, maybe tomorrow!! (we're hoping the forecasters are WRONG. . . . .snow is predicted for today!)
2 comments:
There is nothing like a gift from your grandma when you are young. I Still have a bear insence burner and some ceramic "Dutch "shoes my grandmother gave me. She pasted away when I was 4 or 5 so I have kept them about 62 years. They are setting heren in my office where I see them every day.
Oh, you have got to post pictures. I would love to see your lily of the valley.
Post a Comment