Sunday, September 26, 2010
Day 1. . . comedy of errors
Den and I drove two cars and took our four youngest children to Colorado, two weeks ago. Riding 24 hours is tough enough but driving 24 hours is extremely tough. I stressed about it several days before we left. The first 12 hours of our trip was pretty uneventful, we actually made it too Omaha without any incidents; just a little rain at the tail end of the day. However we "Pricelined" a hotel, and Den called me when the reservation was set to let me know. He said he was a bit worried about where it was because it was a foreign man on the phone and he couldn't understand a word he said. I said that I bet when we get to the hotel he is sitting behind a window of bars where he slides our key under a window of bullet proof glass. We had a good laugh, that is until we pulled into the parking lot! what could we do? We knew we were in trouble when there were signs everywhere that said, "not responsible for anything taken from your vehilcles," we dug out our all of our bags, our computers, anything of value and hauled it into our room. Of course there was no elevator, the hotel was supposed to have non-smoking rooms but honestly you could cut the smoke with a knife the moment you walked through the door; we wound our way down several halls, almost like a maze; and up the stairs and found our room. To say I was exhausted was an understatement, as well as the kids. We all showered and crawled into our respective beds. Den said he was going to go gas up the vehicles, and just as I was getting ready to nod off he called and asked where the cash was, of course in the room and so was his wallet! once he returned I told him that I didn't think I was going to be able to make it in the room, (since I was pregnant with Tori I got a little gift of pregnancy induced asthma, which flares up still from time to time) I was already feeling my throat constricting due to the cigarette smoke! Brennan and Colson have asthma and Brennan wasn't able to breath very well either! We both knew we couldn't walk out at midnight and try and locate another hotel and that we wouldn't get our money back so we were kind of "stuck". Den and I were worried about all the "things" left in both cars. My daughter-in-laws car was packed to the ceiling full of her stuff as was the trunk and our van! We both prayed that God would protect our things and woke up early. I took the kids down for breakfast which non of us really wanted to eat; tatoos, smokers, toothless-wonders were seated around us. We pretty much ate and ran! and watch your step going out the door too, the doorway sat a bit sideways, and the floor was on a slant! Thankfully our things were untouched in the night (I did ask Den if he wouldn't mind moving our vehicles closer to the door where there was a bit of a street light) and we laughed our way into the cars! we made a pitstop at a gas station for some coffee for me and some soda for Den and we were off for another day of 12 hour driving. . . . .stay tuned for. . . .day 2. . . comedy of errors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment