Thursday, February 10, 2011

Each night Den or I tuck the kids, into bed, and pray with them.  Last night as I was just getting ready to shut Colson's light off and step out of his bedroom he says, "Mom!" I stopped and turned to look at him, as he props himself up on one arm, and say, "yes son".  He says "can I as you a question?" (with this guy you just never know where his thoughts are, he is an amazingly deep thinker for nine years old)  He says, "mom would you die for me?" I looked at him and smiled and said, "honey I sure would!" I then ask him if they talked about this at Kings Kids and he shook his head "yes".  He said "our teacher asked us if we would die for her:" and I said, "what did you answer?"  he said, "NO! to die for someone you have to really really love them and mom, I don't really really love her!" I said, "I know son, but I really really love you and we can see how much God really really loved us because He sent His son to die for ALL of us, didn't He?" Colson then shakes his head yes and says, "I love you mom, goodnight."

2 comments:

Journey Ministry said...

Talk about a heart tug! I love him hug him right now for me

amanda said...

he really is a deep thinker, and how great that he is thinking over what he is learning at church?