Thursday, July 12, 2012

we've moved. . . . .

We've been in our new home for almost three weeks! What a blessing! What a gift from God.  We did not move to North Carolina as planned; long story.  Once we made the decision to stay in the area (for our son's sake) every little detail fell into place in a matter of one hour! All those weeks of agonizing over staying or leaving; waiting, praying, waiting, praying; seeking His direction and it all fell into place in one hour! Don't ya' just love how God works? His plans are so perfect.  As I look back I ask myself "why did I ever doubt Him?"  I find myself doing that alot these days.  Trust and Faith are serious issues I struggle with, yet when (and He always does) God comes through I am completely amazed, and I shouldn't be.  I should be waiting and watching, knowing He will take care of our every need, from the basic to the complex.  I hate that I learn lessons the hard way, well I learn them because I want it "my way" and fail to fully lean and trust the one who sustains me.  So as I sit here, penning this, I am in awe of how wonderful God is, how perfectly He meets our every need and gives us many wonderful blessings, big and small, along our journey.  Our new home is amazing.  I love it! It's comfortable, cozy, and very homey.  It took just a matter of a few days to unpack and settle in.  Now. . . .we're anxious to meet the neighbors! I've been praying that God uses us in a mighty way in our little subdivision.

Matthew 5:14-16 "Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.

2 comments:

cybil said...

Congratulations to your move!!!
May God bless you and your new home abundantly!!!
All the best from Switzerland,
Sibylle

amanda said...

Can't wait to see more pictures, looking forward though to seeing it in person ;) I know God has good things planned for you there!