Monday, October 29, 2012

oh ye of little faith. . . .

Last week Den didn't substitute teach all week, by Friday I was getting a little bit stressed! No subbing means no paycheck, which means we struggle even more, financially.  Friday afternoon Den shared a story with me about Loren (see previous posts) and his dad, and the phone calls he's received from them all week.  Had Den been subbing he would not have been able to take their calls nor would he'd been able to encourage and pray with them when they "really" needed it the most (they are walking through some very serious "dark" days).  Friday, as I was praying about our needs, God spoke to my heart with His Word; "my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus," Philippines 4:19.  I've been working at listening more and talking less and this is one time when I completely heard God speak to me! It was a soothing balm to my anxious heart and caused me to thank God that He has everything under control even when I can't see it or understand it.

2 comments:

Journey Ministry said...

That same God will carry you through the difficult days of academics you struggle to understand and release you from the pressure to get it all done on your schedule instead of His! You can do this!

Journey Ministry said...

... O yeah in the midst of those same thoughts about subbing the notion you mentioned struck me also. Let's see if we can hang on to it when the next payday rolls around and the check is smaller than normal! LOL