Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We had an unexpected blessing today. NO SCHOOL! We got a whopper of a thunderstorm last night and I guess it knocked out the power to our entire public school! Of course, I didn't know this since I only watch FOXNEWS in the mornings and not our local news. The kids all got up and got ready, and left taking Brennan to the Junior High first, only to find the principal in the parking lot with a flash light informing, those of us who didn't know, that there was no school due to a power outage! My son called and told me and I relayed the message to my two remaining kids at home. Colson was thrilled as he had already asked me if he could skip school today; but Jacqueline was disappointed as her class was supposed to go on a field trip and she had her little lunchable all ready for the day! Everyone else was elated, including me! YEAH, I get my kids for the entire day, no school, no after school sports, no homework!!!!! It definitely is is an awesome blessing! Dave is working in Flint, today is his final day, and he called and asked what I was doing for the morning and I said, " just enjoying the kids being home" and he asked if Casey could hang out with me while he works today? I guess she is having "Victoria" withdrawls! LOL So now we have our daughter-in-law here with us today too! an extra added blessing......she is enjoying Victoria and playing games with Brennan, Jacqueline and Colson! She is such a sweetie to take time and play with them. I am sure most parents don't view school being called off as a blessing, but I SURE DO! I don't mind the routine of school and its rather nice getting back into one after the summer but I don't like the pull against our family time with our kids. The other day when Jacqueline got off the bus I grabbed her and gave her a big hug, I usually do anyways, but I had realized during the day that my little sweetie is gone from home for 8 hours, most spent with people whose values and morals differ from ours; it was like an arrow right to my heart. I just wanted her to know that I missed her and was glad she was home. The same goes for the boys. They leave about 7:15am and don't return until at least 4pm/4:30pm/6pm. I miss them all terribly. So today, with no school, you can see why its the biggest blessing to me! I thank God for these arrows He has entrusted us with, for the way they have shaped and molded me into a better wife and mom, and for a husband who values what I do at home and doesn't insist I work outside the home!

2 comments:

amanda said...

what fun! wish we could've dropped by and hung out too...

amanda said...

hey what is this emerging women stuff? Brad