Thursday, June 30, 2011

pay to play

The kids are doing "fairly" well with the "pay to play".  They've spent more "together" time, which is what I had hoped for.  Jacqueline and Colson have been doing a lot of reading too.  I spent an afternoon online searching our local library for books and requesting them; now we're just waiting for them all to come in!  I told them this week that I will no longer ask if they want to earn money, that it will be up to them to see what needs to be done and do it.  There's only been a few times where I have actually taken money away for bad behavior or disrespect.

It's been so good not having the TV on so much or seeing them plugged into some electronic game or device.  Evenings seem to be their hardest time, our hardest time, because we watched so many programs as a family.  We're getting the hang of it, little by little.  I'm hoping I have to dole out some "big bucks" by fall because that will mean they've stepped away from paying and just started saving!  I'll keep you posted with our progress; so far Jacqueline is leading the pack with $16.......

3 comments:

cybil said...

I think it's a great project!
At the moment, we're hardly watching TV anyway. This week, we had no internet connection - and that was also a nice change!!

amanda said...

wow $16 that's a lot of money in 2 weeks!

you know, now would be the time to cancel cable... then you can use the money you save from the cable bill to pay off the kids' balance at the end of summer ;)

Blogger said...

Come and see how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY