Friday, July 01, 2011

workin' on new. . . . .


my old meal menu is "not" working so I'm developing a new one; getting feedback from the kids as well as meals they would enjoy eating.  Nothing worse than slaving away in the kitchen to have your family turn their noses up in dislike!  So I sat down yesterday, with pen and paper in hand, and asked my kids for input into what they would like in their bellies!  We even came up with some catchy day phrases (I was bypassed on creativity, but where I lack, my kids make-up for it!) and now have a new, revised up-to-date menu in hand for grocery shopping! Since we are now down to one frig (see earlier post) I am shopping weekly, which really means buying less and planning better!  I may even insist that my kids help in prep/cooking/clean-up! we'll see how it all plays out! But it's summer, and I'm game for anything that will change up the days, (not that they drag or anything), I love having my kids home, but boredom does have a way of creeping in and I'm not my kids activities director!! 

3 comments:

Amanda Joy said...

Good idea! So now you have to post some recipes!

Anonymous said...

We have listed you as one of our Featured Married to the Ministry Blogs at The Preacher's Wife! Looking forward to getting to know you :)

amanda said...

awesome, maybe you could share some of your ideas... always looking for meal ideas ;)